Saturday, June 9, 2012

Thank You Elite Cycling

Last night, despite a huge rainstorm right at 6:30, we had our wine/cheese reception at Elite Cycling and it was a fun couple of hours. Hadn't seen some people for a couple of months and it was nice to see them. Surprisingly, we received a lot of money in donations and with what has come in this week, we went over the $4,000 mark or about 20% of my goal. Thank you one and all for your support. The party was not so much about getting donations, but it was more about getting the word out about the disease and the ride.
Marcelo and KC and Matt at Elite were very hospitable and I want to say that if you are looking for service on your bike or looking for a new bike, Elite is the place to go. KC fitted me for my new bike a couple of months back and there is a huge difference between the way I feel on this bike and my Trek.
Thanks also go to Bob Wechsler for allowing me to use his bike trainer the past couple of months. While I probably did a couple of hundred miles while watching television in the family room, I didn't do nearly the number of miles I thought I would do.
Today's ride was terrific. Almost broke 30 mph on the flat right before we got to the break/rest stop. Hit 28.7 mph which is really fast for me.
So, we are down to one Sunday ride, one 50 miler Thursday and off we go next Friday.
Thanks to everyone who came last night. It's almost time for liftoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment