Monday, June 11, 2012

Head South if You Are Going North

Crazy last couple of days. Sunday morning I went out to do my regular ride with Joe and Ray and about 4 miles into the ride, I asked Joe if my back tire was flat because I was getting a thump, thump feeling. Nothing he said. Less than a minute later, I started getting a rubbing sound which made us stop. The back tire had begun to separate and on closer inspection, it was thread bare. A quick call to the Bobbie taxi and my ride was done for the day. While waiting, the tire actually blew out so it was a good thing we stopped when we did.
So being home early meant we could deliver Madden (Allison's dog) to Key West earlier than expected and drove down to spend the night there with Alli and Pete. She lives 2 blocks from mile marker Zero on U.S. 1, and about a half mile from the southern most point in the United States.
And here I am less than a month from being in the northern most state in the country. I guess if you are going to go north, you should start off by going south.
The good folks at the MMRF sent us an APP so if you want to follow the route we are going to take in real time, log on to Real Time GPS Tracker - Android Apps 
post a comment here with your email and we will send you directions on how to get "hooked up."
Down to five days now. Diane is getting ready and has graciously donated $150 to the MMRF ride. And one of her friends also donated, again very much appreciated.
We are going to meet up at the hotel in Jacksonville Saturday night after Bobbie and I have a late lunch with Roy's neice in Melbourne. Looking forward to seeing her and husband Fernando.
Now we are in maintenance mode with just one 50 miler this week and another shorter ride Wednesday.
If anyone has connections for a hotel/motel in Nags Head, NC., please let me know. We need one night still on Nags Head and it is a Saturday night so most places are sold out.

No comments:

Post a Comment