Friday, June 15, 2012

Ready or Not.........

Like my daughter Mindy wrote this week, from a conversation at the dinner table last summer to reality today, we are departing for our marathon ride to Maine. Hard to believe.
Let's go over everything to make sure we have it: Gatorade? Hydration pack? Water bottles? Shorts? Protein? Clothes? Hotel Reservations? Got em all. Oh yeah, bike? Ready to roll after a good 50 miler Thursday.
Bobbie asked if I am excited and to be honest, I am not excited .... yet. Got stuff to do before getting on the bike Sunday. Questioning why but knowing the answer.
Maine is a long way away and as long as I go at my pace and not try to break the land speed record and tax my legs, I think my conditioning will get me through.
Today, it is off to Boca Raton to discuss possibly hooking up with an event planner in Palm Beach County and then a short drive to Hutchinson Island where we are going to relax and enjoy the beach.
Late lunch with Fernando and Michelle Saturday before meeting up with Diane in Jax.
Here we go.

1 comment:

  1. It's me!!!! Had a omg moment yesterday with my heavy tires, but today I am excited. Like your comment about not breaking the land speed - and I won't let you!!!!!....as you know, I am slugging along, but this is the first time ever riding long distances that I my legs are not cramping. I think it has to do with the slower, steady pace as opposed to the racing thing. I can't think Maine too much or it becomes overwhelming....so I've printed out Wikopedia's on each stopping place so we can smell the roses along the way. One mile and then another......Diane

    ReplyDelete