Monday, March 12, 2012

Miles Are Building

Pam told me the other day that Roy would like people to donate to my bike ride rather than send flowers which is nice because Roy knows how dedicated I am to doing this trip in June. Contributions can be made to

His passing has convinced me that I can not back out so I am picking up the miles. Sitting here early Monday morning I am kind of glad it is windy and rainy now because after 100-plus miles total on the weekend, my shoulders are a bit sore and my legs need a break. For the week, I was close to 200 which is good.
Have a couple of sponsors on board now as well -- Gu, the energy gel runners and riders use, is sending me enough packets for the journey and Adventure Cycling has my maps enroute.
April and May are busy months for our business but I will find time to get in my miles. My friend Bob has loaned me his trainer and I have my old bike hooked up to it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment