Friday, March 9, 2012

March UpDate

March 9, 2012
A lot has happened since my last post. A new bike, a new friend and some help with logistics.
Let's start with the bike.
Back in February, my friend Joe and I stopped at the usual La Carretta restaurant in Key Biscayne for a 15 minute break. During the stop, Joe overheard a guy speaking in Spanish about wanting to sell his bike. It was a Rosetti, about $1300 for the frame alone. He told me the size of the frame and it was my size. Three hours later, we were at the guy's house and for $800 I had a new carbon fiber bike with racing wheels (about $400 for the pair). So far, in about a month, I have about 800 miles on it.
The lady who was going to ride with me developed pneumonia in February and lost time at work. Thus she is not going on the ride. It looks like it is me riding and Bobbie driving.
The best news is that the multiple myeloma foundation in Norwalk, Cn., has become a new friend and is helping me with the planning and connections. Alicia and Betsy are my new BFFs.
My schedule appears to be a bit behind as I want to be able to finish 300 miles a week by the end of March. This week alone I will probably ride about 190 but I have a century scheduled the last Sunday of the month.
For now, keep hoping and praying that Roy will get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment