Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Minor Meltdown

Memorial Day was the 7th consecutive day I was out on the bike and I had planned to do a century because there was not much happening at the house and the "honey-do" list was short. But at mile 50, after a leisurely ride through Key Biscayne and down toward Deering Estate, my body decided enough was enough. I had a meltdown. I limped home, finishing with just more than 55 miles and inside, I wasn't feeling very good. Maybe not enough to eat. Not enough to drink. It was a concern because I surpassed 300 miles for the week and that is what I intend to do in four days on the ride.
Fortunately, I was able to participate in my Tuesday-Thursday group ride this morning and finished strong the 50 miles I do with these riders.
I did the same route on thursday last week in the rain so it was nice to have about 12 riders with me at a leisurely pace of 18-20. Now, some six hours after the conclusion of the ride, I feel good and not at all concerned about the distances I will face in less than 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment