Thursday, May 24, 2012

Condtions Can't Get Much Worse

Every Tuesday and Thursday morning from Black Point Marina in South Miami Dade a group of about 12 riders takes off for a 30 miler which goes around the Homestead Speedway and then returns. I get in 20 miles on top of that roundtrip from the house so it actually comes to 50 miles which I do in just under 3 hours.
Today, the group consisted of Travis, who rode more than 600 miles in Cambodia and Vietnam last year, Alex and myself. Why? For one thing, the rain was coming down pretty good and I actually had one mile in which it was dry (the first one today). So while my brother is always saying what a wimp I am for not riding in the wind or rain, I think I resolved that issue today.
Travis said he doesn't believe the conditions on my ride next month can possibly be any worse than what they were today, but I guess we will find out shortly.
Also today, the MMRF put me as the individual of the month on their web site. Go to
http://www.themmrf.org/donate-now-take-action/join-an-event/featured-supporters/perlmutter.html and you can read a bit about the ride and see some great pictures of me and Roy when we played golf in Canada in 2007. Wow, it was that long ago already?
One drowned rider after 50 miles in the rain today

The view of Biscayne Bay from Biscayne National Park in Homestead at 8:30 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment