Saturday, May 19, 2012

Key West Checks In

Allison and Pete arrived Thursday night for a couple of night stay and today she handed me some money for donations from people in Key West. Didn't count it yet but I saw a couple of $100 bills so that is nice. Slowly, as we get closer to the ride (a month away), the donations are coming in again and for that I thank everyone who is participating. I certainly realize everyone has a charity or cause they contribute to and I certainly appreciate any monies sent this way for the MMRF.
Since we have an event Sunday, I had to do my long ride today and it was terrific. There was rain all around the county but not where I was riding. Some places the road was soaked, but I remained dry except for the rooster tails of water coming off the tires.
After leaving the house at 6:10 a.m., I arrived back around 11:30 after 80 miles and let me say I am tired, but a good tired. Went to Key Biscayne, south to Black Point Marina, West to the Busway and back home.
So it looks like in 8 days I rode 250 miles, the most in my training yet.
I feel like if I had to do the ride tomorrow, I could do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment