Sunday, May 6, 2012

5-Hour Energy Joins Our Team

Friday we received word that 5-Hour Energy will supply us with enough product for the ride and officially joins our sponsor team. I sure could have used a second bottle today after I ran out of food on my 70 mile ride this morning. I didn't plan ahead.
Left the house at 0-dark-30 or just past 6 a.m. and did 12 miles before meeting Joe for the usual 46 miler. Afterwards, I went south and before I committed to going all of the way to Blackpoint Marina, realized I was low on water and out of food and I was struggling. So, instead of finishing 70 miles, I finished 66 for a total of 130 on the weekend. I think I would be feeling a lot better if I had brought another energy bar or another pack of GU with me -- will know for next week.
Went back and checked total mileage for the entire year of 2010 and discovered that here, the 6th day of May, I have gone exactly half that distance this year. Before the I start the ride next month I probably will be close to the 3,000 plus miles I rode last year.
Got two big events this week so training will have to be done inside before hitting the roads again Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment