Friday, May 25, 2012

Largest Donation To Date Arrived Today

We received the largest donation yet today from Charlie DeLucca and the First Tee of Miami -- $500. For those who don't know, Charlie has been around golf longer than golf has been around. He was the driving force behind the creation of the Florida golf license plate and is one of the main reasons touring professionals Cristie Kerr and Erik Compton have been as successful as they are on their respective tours. Charlie and his company run International Links, the golf course directly across the street from Miami International Airport on the east side. When planes fly over the course on their way into the airport, you can actually read the name tags of the pilots on their approach. I don't know if the club has any rule if your shot is altered by hitting the bottom of an engine if you get a mulligan.
Also today, as bad as the weather was yesterday, it was that good today for my short 16 miler. Betsy and Alicia in the MMRF expressed their interest in riding with me when I am in Norwalk later next month. And another friend in New Hampshire said he was going to join me when I get there so I am fairly certain that a minimum of five days I will have company on the ride.
This is the finish line in Maine -- the Nubble Lighthouse

No comments:

Post a Comment