Sunday, April 29, 2012

What a Wash Out

The weekend started out with low expectations because of a weather system which seemed to be parked over South Florida. Saturday the radar at 6 a.m. showed showers offshore and somehow, we were able to get to Key Biscayne and back to Kendall without any rain, though the rains overnight had soaked the area. I left Joe to head south to Black Point to see if I could get in 70 miles but when I arrived at Deering Estate, the mist turned into sprinkles and every where I looked -- south and west -- cars were coming with wipers and headlights on. Not a good sign. So, I cut it short and got home before the sky dropped, finishing up 54 miles.
Sunday I was not riding because of an event we had scheduled in Broward but once again, the radar showed the entire area covered in reds and greens (rains). The event was finally postponed until the end of May and as I sit and write this before noon, we are now under a flood watch. It hasn't stopped raining since about 4 this morning.
Probably will get on the trainer this afternoon and watch some television and ride for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment