Sunday, April 1, 2012

Personal Best

One thing is for sure with all of the miles I'm doing -- I'm actually getting pretty competent on the bike. Today I hit a personal best on the flat -- 29.7 mph. Our little group was drafting behind this one guy with me being last in the line when this pack of about 100 riders came whizzing up next to us. We were about 21 at that point -- the pack was about 26. When the last rider cleared me, I had some energy left (the rest stop was 2 miles away), I pulled out and caught the pack right as we went past the Key Biscayne golf course. I looked down and saw the speed was 29.7. Haven't broken 30 on the flat yet and for sure without the big group blocking the little wind there was, I wouldn't have been there either. But it was a great feeling to accelerate from 21 to 29 -- my bike handled it extremely well.

No comments:

Post a Comment