Thursday, April 26, 2012

A routine 60-miler

Last weekend was the MS ride here in South Florida and Saturday's weather was so bad with heavy winds and rain coming down sideways, the first day was cancelled. As was my training.
Sunday was windy but none of my guys decided to ride but I went out and rode the usual route, even sneaking into Cape Florida State Park and taking a break at the Key Biscayne Lighthouse.
But on the way out of the island, a small group of about 12 slid past me at a comfortable 18-20 mph pace and I asked their destination. Deering. So, as we headed directly into the wind going south, I hid behind and sometimes inside the group and rode to Deering Estate. The short ride to the house completed a 60-mile trip and when I got home, I discovered Allison had come up from Key West for a couple of hours and it was a great surprise.
Because of an event Sunday, I will only ride one day this weekend and hope to latch on to another group and do 60 or more again.

No comments:

Post a Comment