Saturday, July 7, 2012

Comments We Have Received

Diane & Marty - you both are fine examples of teammates with determination to help others fight thru pain& illness . Thanks for scratching the surface of what I think & feel arriving at Nubble Lighthose. I had been kept posted by Ruth - following you on this blog only . Then I read it all while waiting to witness the joy of what you both did for many who suffer - families of Cancer. I know now that many will have some Hope thanks to your efforts an d your trip...the sunlight of the spirit above was very clear to me that day in York beach. I am so grateful he let me witness you make it in real time not just read about it. My words could go on forever, but space does not permit. What you did is truly god given amazing. Peace, Hope, Love. To you & everyone your trip will each out to! I love you my friend who entered my life in Maine with so much goodness, life, inner & outer beauty, great qualities too many to list ... My hope is our paths cross sooner than the years gone by; it's one day at a time - up to God like all things in his world. REBOS. XXXI. MD

Marty and Diane,
Marty, what can I say, you are amazing, and I know I have said it countless times, but you are..You are one of the most selfless people I have ever met..You have a true love for this sport of ours, now which you have taken to another level. One which many of us simply dream of...All I can say, is I wish I could have been with you..And congratulations on an incredible job well done...

Today the word hero is over used..But used in the context of what the two of you have achieved these 17 days, and who you have touched along the way, and the purpose you rode for..You are Hero's...Taking the selfless act of riding a great distance, in the memory of a friend, for a noble cause so others may not suffer as he had..Yes you are hero's..As cyclists, you represent the best of what this sport is...Cyclists as a rule have big hearts, are compassionate, team oriented, and there is a camaraderie found on the road, that cannot be found in other sports..Over these past 17 days, you joined an elite group in our wonderful sport, as well as became great example of ambassadors,
to what others should aspire to..In both of your writings, I saw a humbleness of sorts, which is also found in true hero's..Your focus was true and inspired..Take the time in the coming days to celebrate what you have achieved..

Diane, thank you for joining Marty on this journey, and maybe we can share the road sometime in the future..Your writing was heartfelt and inspiring...Like you I am a New Englander, my cycling roots came from the roads of NH, Maine, CT, and RI, which you traveled on the back half of your journey..You and Marty are a great team..These past 17 days you became a part of a unique fraternity in cycling..Those of us who choose to ride for others, put the heart back into this sport of ours, from your writing and your images, I can see you have an incredible heart..What you just accomplished these 17 days, is a life changing event..You now represent the best of what this sport is...

You are Hero's my friends...

Cheers!

-Jeff H.

1 comment:

  1. yes we all have to think about health more because now a days cancer disease is very affected to many people, some one has breast cancer, some one has blood cancer, and many more so if you suffering form cancer than visit this site its helpful to cure your cancer.
    cancer information

    ReplyDelete